Speech and Language Therapy provides children with the tools to become effective communicators. The focus of treatment may be strengthening oral motor skills, working on social interactions, understanding and expression of language, voice disorders, fluency disorders and processing difficulties. We formulate goals that are specific to each client and will work with other disciplines in order to provide the best treatment for the child. We then provide families with the tools to carryover techniques learned in therapy.
Speech Therapy can:
- Improve receptive and expressive language skills
- Focus on pragmatic language to improve social interactions with peers and adults
- Work on articulation skills to improve intelligibility of speech
- Improve oral motor muscle tone and function through various exercises
- Focus on auditory processing skills